Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Challenges of Divorce

One of the biggest lessons I learned while going through my own divorce was the one about what you can and can't control. Although you have previously had a lot of influence over your, soon to be, former spouse, most people realize how little control they truly have as the divorce process gets extended and more conflictual. The best advice I received was to control what I could, i.e. myself. Take the high road when possible, and bite my tongue on many occasions. In other words, don't send the nasty email response until you are really sure it will help resolve your differences. In the heat of the moment we often say things that we regret or that fall on deaf ears because we are too harsh, too critical, and not open to what the other side has to say. Slow down and take a deep breathe before letting your soon to be ex ruin your day.

5 comments:

  1. Emotions run deep during a divorce. Approaching this a business transaction sometimes takes the emotion out of the response.

    For more Divorce Advice, see http://www.divorceammo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct. It may seem hard, but it is possible to cope up with divorce — and have a good family life in spite of some changes divorce may bring.

    Charlot
    Laws About Divorce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think divorce can be very difficult time for both partners and you'll face some challenges in divorce process, financial matter is something that you'll have to face when you are getting divorce.
    solicitors north shore
    http://www.cmalegal.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have been separated coming close to 6 months. Initially I thought yeah I’ll be free but God revealed to me that it was his plan to move on with my best friend and which my best friend has already told me that she will destroy my home when we had little misunderstanding. I asked about reconciling but my husband says he is way better off without us (son 2 years). I was so trusting God for a miracle and hopefully a friend of mine back then in college came to visit me although Emma my friend hails from west Africa so she told me about Dr Itua Voodoo priest who has strong powerful in reconciling broken marriage so I decided to give a try so helpfully Dr Itua help me with love spell and he promised that after the whole process that my husband will call me to reconcile with me, I was very sure of it because I well knew about Africa with voodoo powers, On Sunday morning after coming back from church with my son Carl. I got a call from him apologizing to me and he came back home to me and now we are happy together as a married couple.I thank Dr Itua voodoo priest who save my marriage with his love spell.… please uphold this message testimony and don't give up if you are going through the same problem also be strong in prayer as well.
    Contact Dr Itua on WhatsApp & Email, +2348149277967 & drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete